Putty 3D 1.3 is finished and is now available on the App Store!
Thanks so much to everyone that sent their feedback, you’ve been instrumental in shaping this update (and future ones, you guys sent lots of feedback :) ).
So what’s new you ask? Here’s some of it:
- Option to export your work to OBJ and STL files, on iPhone 6, iPad Air 2 or newer devices. This is the big one. Now you can export your Putty models to your PC or Mac, to add detail, paint, animate or even 3D print. Go nuts! :)
- New brush shape option, to switch between a round and flat brush (which we like so much that we made it the new default).
- Improved camera and light controls.
- Added options to control the lighting complexity. Use the fast mode for added performance or the 3 point template for fancier lighting before you share your work.
- Ran out of space while sculpting? Now you can resize the sculpting volume to fit more stuff in.
- The pressure curve for the Apple Pencil and 3D Touch was adjusted to make it more comfortable to use. In a future update we plan to add more user control over this.
- Moved the Video Recording over to the main editing screen, making it easier to start and stop recording at any time.
- Lots of tiny fixes and adjustments.
We look forward to hearing what you think of the new features and changes, so please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact page in the site.